Thin Privilege is not worrying that you will be turned down for any job because your potential employer will perceive your weight as being synonymous with “lazy”
Thin Privilege is being able to apply confidently for jobs in the clothing retail sector, unaware that many fat people don’t even bother most of the time, as one glance at their weight marks them as instantly “unfashionable” by the majority of employers, regardless of how on point their personal style is.
Thin privilege is being able to apply for jobs where uniforms are mandatory as the uniform will undoubtedly be carried in your size.
Thin privilege is being able to find cheap interview outfits because more stores cater to smaller sizes.
Thin privilege is being perceived as “put together” when the reality is “I rolled out of bed and landed in this” because people have been conditioned to believe clothes look better and more expensive on thin bodies.
Thin privilege is not turning up to interview to be turned away after five minutes of non-relevant questions as your interviewer has already judged you as unsuitable due to their false weight-based assumptions and prejudices.
Thin privilege is not discovering a less qualified, less experienced, thin person got the job you were up for, probably because of negative assumptions based on your weight.
Thin privilege is not being considered “bad for business”, because of your weight, when working in the service sector.
Thin privilege is being paid more than your fat co-workers for doing the same job - because of your weight.
Thin privilege is being regarded as “more professional” than your fat co-workers, thereby progressing further and quicker in your chosen career, due to others’ weight-based prejudices.
Thin privilege is not having to worry about unfair dismissal based on your weight.
Thin privilege is not being called irrational or neurotic when you voice these real concerns to your friends, family, and most importantly, your employers.
Thin privilege is being unaware of all of the above.
- theapplepoisoner likes this
- tigeryouneverhad likes this
- georgeboolovesyou likes this
- dukies likes this
- thehonza reblogged this from domermaidslayeggs
- thehonza likes this
- necro-invasion reblogged this from ghost-ambrosia
- ladystonehugs likes this
- quitemajorly reblogged this from creepedoutsarah
- seppin likes this
- heliotropo likes this
- bizarrothatty likes this
- whirlerdog reblogged this from emotionalbaby
- emotionalbaby reblogged this from weirdoqueer
- urrickaa reblogged this from creepedoutsarah and added:
- creepedoutsarah reblogged this from weirdoqueer
- rynia likes this
- fucknobility likes this
- chiakii-nanamii likes this
- ghost-ambrosia reblogged this from weirdoqueer
- english-translation reblogged this from weirdoqueer and added:
- petuniadogwood likes this
- 3847263834 likes this
- weirdoqueer reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- thirtyanne likes this
- torukun1 likes this
- elysethegorgon likes this
- mysyncope likes this
- hesterswell likes this
- zeroambit reblogged this from mysyncope and added:
- mysyncope reblogged this from zeroambit and added:
- bawdybody reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn and added:
- varices reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- smallsangherheart likes this
- sundaymornincomindown likes this
- fallopianrhapsody reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- makeitcaitlyn reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- ohnoitssatoshi likes this
- weirdoqueer likes this
- everythingbutharleyquinn reblogged this from bigfatfeminist
- remove likes this
- reclaimedbitch likes this
- rossamorena likes this
- dirtyconsuela likes this
- trainerecktourist reblogged this from killingfields
- aaaandreww reblogged this from xanderthegreatest
- aaaandreww likes this
- cemeterylize likes this
- blogzillaaaaa reblogged this from bustbuttons
- killingfields reblogged this from littleashstatue